Wednesday, September 24, 2008

I will not fear the days to come...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat, or about your body, what you will wear. For life is more than food, and the body more than clothing. Consider the ravens: the neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!" Luke 12:22-24

In the midst of turmoil, we have peace because we know the Prince of Peace. I'm choosing to keep my focus, do what God has called me to do, and stay this course He has given me.

Frugality is part of my obligation as a steward of the resources with which I have been entrusted. Until now, I have been hesitant to include frugal blogposts as a frequent part of this blog, because I wanted the focus to be different. But, that's going to change.

More and more, I'm being asked to share some of the things I'm doing to save money in this economy. Let me start by saying that I'm not limited to this world's economy because I'm a 100% tither and a giver. Because I'm obedient, I'm not concerned about shortages, the credit slump in the US economy, or whatever else may be just over the horizon. I don't put my trust in riches.

That being said, I do have the obligation to manage the money entrusted to me, and to manage it well. I am constantly reading and educating myself on money and money matters. I pay attention to the news to stay informed, but I attempt to consider all things through the lens of God's Word. If we live life in the light of Bible prophecy, we have nothing to fear, because we know what the end shall be.

God declared the end from the beginning...

No comments: