Wednesday, September 24, 2008



Let's not reinvent the wheel...


Frugal blogging is not new, so I'd rather not spend days coming up with a different presentation of information that others have already compiled. Like my picture, someone has already done the gathering, and it will only take a few sparks to get you going!


I "couponed" years ago, when the only resource I could find was the "Refunding Makes Cents" magazine, published once a month by a woman from Utah who had a great idea, but needed today's technology to really make it practical for me. As my children grew older, I had less and less time to spend trading and tracking down the deals, so I eventually went back to my old shopping habits.


It wasn't until my husband was laid off in September 0f 2007, for the third time in three years, that I realized how desperate one could feel with the prospect of a very thin grocery budget and a lack of ideas on how to utilize every penny. Of course, the Lord is ever faithful, and He led me to the information I am sharing today.


For me, this new "extreme couponing" began when I read a blogpost by Crystal at MoneySavingMom. Her Walgreens 101 post was just what I needed, the first spark of change that came into my life.



Take some time to read and reread her post, and let the embers of wisdom in her writing kindle the flame of change in your life. By the time winter sets in, we'll have built such a blaze together that there will be no fear of the cold...

Proverbs 31:21

When it snows, she has no fear for her household;

for all of them are clothed in scarlet.

No comments: