Thursday, August 14, 2008

What a ride!

Train up a child in the way he should go, even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6

I’ve been pondering this morning, how long has it been that I’ve had the privilege of homeschooling my children?


Not long enough.

We brought our oldest home from public school in second grade. That was January 17, 1995. This is the way we were to go. Today, I realize it again, that this is right for us, right for me. I see it plainly.

God needed to train his child; He needed to train me. It’s a daily thing. I require constant attention and direction from Him. Like the toddler, learning to behave, to treat others appropriately, and to “play nice”.


This word training, what does it mean? Strong’s Concordance says:
1) To train, dedicate, inaugurate
a) To train, train up
b) To dedicate



So, when I train my child, I dedicate her to the Way she should go. I help her feet find the right path. I put her on track, like a steam engine on course to fulfill it’s purpose. And, as I train her, He trains me. He changes me. He corrects, in me, those defects which, aside from this task, I would not recognize.

So, this morning, like the engine, we start slowly, we fire the burners, and we begin rolling down the tracks, training, moving closer to the destination He, before the foundation of the world, had planned for us, for me. How glorious!



Today, we begin again our formal training. I'm looking forward to the adventure!



No comments: