Saturday, August 16, 2008

I'm not sure who I was listening to when I took these notes, but they minister to me and I want to share them.

Realize that man's wisdom is a perverted way of thinking, contaminated by flesh and sin. The church is God's workmanship, His creation, made for His glory. What is the spiritual church founded upon?

Ephesians 2:20 ...built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone...

When we are born again, we become part of that glorious church. We have a responsibility to God to live our lives on purpose, with His thoughts, plans, and goals in mind. We are laying the foundations for a house built to glorify God, not a shack!

How sad, when a person has had the foundation laid in their life, to build a mansion, that they would choose to build only a shack. How ridiculous! Could you see the picture in your mind: a foundation for a glorious mansion with only a small, ramshackle shack standing upon it!

You don't want to spend your life doing something you don't believe in, or living below your known potential. Know what you believe. Know why you believe it.

Matt 15:9 But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

So, ask yourself the following questions:

Have I chosen to live below my potential?

Why have I chosen to form attachments to people who don't see my potential and encourage me to strive to be my best and to go as far in life as God has planned for me?

Do these people want God's plan for my life and do they encourage me to dream, and work to see those dreams fulfilled? Or, do they want you to live a life just like theirs?

Knowledge and principles will cause you to rule some things out of your life, but then what? Who are you to follow? If you choose to follow those who base their lives on human wisdom, your life is being wasted. It will be all for nothing in the end!

Set your mind on things above. Do the things you were created to do! Worship God. Build a life He can use ~ it's not difficult to begin. Just say, "Father, take my life and do something with it!" Then listen to Him, read His Word, and pray. And when you have a leading from Him, follow it!!! Do what He says.

No comments: