Friday, August 1, 2008




Consider the lilies...

...of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these ...

I am constantly amazed by the love my Heavenly Father extends to me. He is my Abba, my Daddy. And, He proves it on a daily basis.

Recently, I went forward for prayer at my church while a visiting missionary was ministering. One of the things he prayed over me was favor, the favor of God. I was amazed as I stood there receiving, because I have experienced favor in my life, and I thought to myself as he was praying, "Wow! I've experienced favor that has amazed me. What is more favor going to be like, or look like?

Well, I'm beginning to realize the fruits of those prayers, and I LIKE IT! Financially, we've gone from debt snowball to wealth snowball in a day. We have a contract on some real estate we are selling, and at closing, we'll be debt free!

I'm having favor when I shop, favor with people, and favor in prayer. But, one of the most amazing things happened today at VBS. We've been working all week at our church, my dd who is 16 and myself. Today, my daughter was given three shopping bags full of clothes.

Now, my dd is tiny, barely weighing 100 pounds. (She does not take after her mother!) Anyway, everything she was given, except two pairs of pants, fit, and are things she would have picked herself. Jeans, capris, tops, sweaters, flats, peep-toe pumps, small clothes, all of it was just perfect. And, the most amazing part was that we had promised her money for clothes shopping, and she came to me saying, "Mom, I don't need anything now that I have all these new clothes. How about we go shopping and YOU get new clothes?"

Process that. My teenager doesn't want the clothes money I offered. She wants me to have it. And, I don't have to spend days (literally, it would have taken us weeks to find this many things that work for her!) standing outside dressing rooms waiting for her to try on the clothes!

Now that's what I call favor!

No comments: