Saturday, November 7, 2009

Makin' a list & checkin' it twice!



I've just added my lists for Holidays and Finishing 2009.  It's been a push to get anything done but school and school functions this week, and I'm grateful for the crockpot, so hot meals are ready when we are ready for them. 

I have a few favorite things that I make in the crockpot, and a few recipes to convert from oven to crockpot, which usually requires a test run just to be sure everything works smoothly.  If you're blogging, would you share some of your favorite crockpot recipes and link back here?

This is my favorite from this week:
Crockpot Swiss Steak

1.5 pounds round steak
1 16 oz. can whole tomotoes
salt to taste
pepper to taste
two large carrots, peeled, sliced in 1" pieces
one stick celery, sliced thin
one large onion, sliced thin

That's it.  Just cook on low all day, or high for about 4-6 hours.  Serve over brown rice.  Yum!

No comments: