Monday, May 25, 2009

Do Something! The Kitchen

I love Craigslist!

This morning, my kitchen looked like this:


Now, it looks like this:

Yes, the countertops are history.

No dumpster, no hauling fees, no special trash run to the landfill!
We listed them as free on Craigslist before we ever even got them unattached, (which I don't recommend, by the way!), and within 20 minutes we had a call from someone who wanted them. And then another someone, and then another... We have had 7 calls! I couldn't believe it!
She and her husband are having to downsize and are working with a very small budget, so she was more than pleased to come and haul away my sink and countertops! She will be back in a week or two for the backsplash, which I couldn't manage to get removed before she arrived.
Anyway, we were so blessed to be able to give them away, and with hugs and tears, Patty from Cookson gratefully received our gift.
What a joy, to be able to give and to have my own new countertops installed tomorrow. I'm excited to see how different the kitchen looks, but just as excited to be able to be a blessing to someone in need.
Our Heavenly Father does all things well.


Now, I'm off to clean all the cobwebs I uncovered in the cabinets...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Talk about fast!!!!
Susan

Our Family said...

You go girl!!! I am NOT doing new counter tops but as you know my kitchen has been under construction for some time. We are getting closer now. All my walls are painted and the cabinets are painted. Hubby wants to put one more coat on the cabinets and then on to the cabinet doors. He put in the new black range hood and the light switch covers. I am so excited! Keep the pictures coming.