Thursday, April 30, 2009

Junkin'

Isn't that a great green piece? Wish I had the space for it, but I didn't and it was already sold anyway. Can you believe someone snagged that **little** beauty for just $100! The shelves are stainless and I'm pretty sure it's over 7 1/2 feet tall. It's mate is just beside it in the maple finish. They were just beautiful!

I ran across those shelves while junkin' this last week. Since I had to be in town to take dd17 to Chemistry class, I hit the thrift stores to see what I could find. Since I was sick, I had a lot of time to lay around reading the Pottery Barn books I've been checking out from the library. If you're in the Tulsa area, don't EVEN bother trying to get any from the library.

They're all out. ;-)

I'm mainly looking for the costal elements and something a little more modern for the main living spaces. I still have my "primitive" den, all my folk art collections, and hubby's ever growing collection of mounted heads. Yipee.

I'm thinking we might be moving before too long, as the market is so great right now, and it would only take one buyer to set those wheels in motion, so I want to be ready if I need to have my house ready for "showing".

I only paid $2 for the shells, and $1 for all the shell lei's. The star was $3 and will go nicely on the
TWO never hung PB floating shelves I grabbed for $4 each. They still have their $29 stickers on their backs.

The milk glass will be added to my growing collection, and I'm still on the lookout for nice white dishes and china, although I did pick up about 25 pieces of plain white Corelle for $2, and a very nice Corning platter for an additional $2.

The vintage games have all their pieces, and for the moment, will find a home at the top of the bookshelf. I may take the game pieces out for some graphic displays once I get the rest of the rooms in order, but I haven't decided yet. I think they're both from the 1950's.


Dear daughter 17 found the pitcher for $2. Doesn't she have GREAT taste? And all the silver items were under $1, except the Sterling pocket watch, which was $2.

Here are my great shelves. I'm excited to get them hung, and decorated. I'll be posting pics from the living room as soon as I get it finished.
So, what do you think? How'd I do?

1 comment:

Rhonda said...

you found some great things - really makes me wonder why people were discarding such nice things!