Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A Virtually Bloggy Breakfast

Good morning! In honor of dd17's birthday, I'm serving Crystal's whole-wheat pancakes to all my guests today, along with some fresh Homespun Maple Syrup from the sugar shack.

I'll be reading to you during our brunch from Farmer Boy, by Laura Ingles Wilder, since it is my favorite of all her stories, and, as you know, on birthdays we don't "do" school.

Feel free to stay in your jammies all day if you wish, and I hope you enjoy this little retreat!

2 comments:

the pleasures of homemaking said...

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Mine turned 17 last month - time flies!

My Favorite one is "The Long Winter" I read it every winter. "Farmer Boy" is a favorite too.

Manuela

Susan said...

I couldn't find a place on the Florida Court case to comment so am pasting this here. When I read this I started to ask if this was true or not. Then I decided to check it out myself and here is what I found. I know you'd want to be made aware.

"The Judge Who Called April Fool's Day the "Atheist's Holiday"-Fiction!

Summary of the eRumor
An atheist allegedly filed a lawsuit in Florida objecting to Easter and Passover celebrations while atheists had no holiday to celebrate.
The judge dismisses the case and says the atheists do have their own holiday...April 1, April Fool's Day.

The Truth
This story is circulated with no specific such as when or where this alleged court case took place, the name of the atheist, or the name of the judge.

We've never found any substantiation for it.

Also, most ACLU cases objecting to religious activities are based on their alleged violation of the constitutional separation of church and state, not the absence of an atheist's holiday.

Last updated 1/14/04"

Susan