Sunday, March 22, 2009

The Master Bedroom

Our room is pretty small, with only a 1/2 bath and a small walk~in closet. I didn't take a before picture of the walls, because there wasn't much difference in the paint colors and I don't think it would have shown up well.
The wall above the bookcase was blank and the bookcase in a different location, so this is a new~to~me arrangement, and seems to be working out quite well. The candlesticks were all silver or brown, and I spray painted them all to match, in black. The main colors in the room are black, brown, tan, and white.
The picture on the wall is a Carpentree piece, which I disassembled, spray painted, painted the mat, and then inserted a picture of dd16 at 7 Mile Beach in Grand Cayman. We all love that picture, and the beach. ;-)
This picture shows the wall color best. It's sort of a gray-green, called Concrete. I love it because it has a hint of green, but is neutral enough that I can put just about anything with it. The little nightstand is my hubby's, and will only look like that when I scoop all the contents of his emptied pockets into the drawer, because he usually empties them right there on the table. I need to make a little framed quote that says, "this space intentionally left blank."

Hope you enjoyed this little peek into my room. I really enjoy the simplicity of this small house.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

very pretty room and it looks comfortable and real too.

I see you have an antenna by your tv. We canceled our satelite awhile back and are so happy with free tv.

Susan said...

Nice clean-cut room. I love the wall color.
Susan

Unknown said...

Love that blank space quote! I never think to just spray paint stuff that I see at garage sales that would perfectly if they were just the right color. I also like to accent in black since it matches whatever color scheme you have.

Great job on the bedroom!