Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Well, many of you don't know, but today is an anniversary of sorts for my family. My husband has been on his full time job one year today! That may not seem like a big deal to some, but let me tell you, it is a big deal to us.

In 2005, my husband was laid-off from MCI, where he had been employed for 7 years.

In 2006, he was forced to leave a company that was withholding commissions from him. He had worked there 11 months.

In 2007, he was laid-off from a third job, after only 10 months.

While we understood that these were just seasons in our lives, it was still difficult. He decided to leave telecom and utilities, which were the two primary industries in which he had been employed. He chose a new industry.

On February 18, 2008, he took a position with, of all things, an oil and gas manufacturer. I'm sure I don't need to say too much about where the oil and gas industry is at the moment, and yet I'm sure he is exactly where is supposed to be employed during this season. I don't know what the future holds, but I'm asking God to show me as much of the future as I need to know.

In the meantime, I'm celebrating the anniversary of a year's full-time employment, and rejoicing in knowing that before any of this happened, God had prepared us by leading us through Financial Peace University with Dave Ramsey. He also gave us the vision to get out of debt, which we have attempted to walk out, even during the months of unemployment.

Praise God for His faithfulness. We've never gone hungry. We've not had a forclosure or repossession. And, we continue to pound away at our debt with our little snowballs. We will get there, walking out His good plans.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a fan of Dave Ramsey's too! I wish more people would have a look at his program!

Congratulations to you both. That is something to celebrate!

Manuela

Kelli said...

Happy Anniversary! What a wonderful accomplishment to celebrate!
~Kelli