Thursday, September 25, 2008

Mom-mart!

One thing that excites me about this extreme shopping is the ability to have surplus on hand for those in need. Part of being the Proverbs 31 woman is extending your hands to the needy...

v. 20 She opens her arms to the poor and extends her hands to the needy


It seems to me now that I'm a 40-something woman in the Body of Christ, I fall into the category of being one of the "older women" who are to teach the younger. There are plenty of young women, who, like me, were not mentored or trained in homemaking as a teen or young married. Frankly, it took a long time for me to learn some basic skills, like keeping the laundry done or having dinner fixed every evening without taking it out of a box.


Because of my lack of training, I feel keenly for others who I see struggling with some of the same situations I faced. I try to be a helpful person, which sometimes leads to my own ruin, because not all people want help! I'm learning to temper my enthuaism with patience, and, not so amazingly, the Lord seems to bring people and opportunities my way because of my willingness and obedience. (Didn't Isaiah say if you are willing and obedient, you will eat the good of the land?)
With that in mind, there's a guest blogpost over on Coupon Cravings that deals with curbing an addiction to good deals. I highly recommend reading this post, whether you are an old-pro or a newbie to the extreme shopping. Why? Everyone I know who started couponing has, in some way, faced an obsession with the next good deal. Me included!
As much as I want to kindle a flame of change, it's even more important to me to inspire others to make Jesus their Magnificent Obsession!

No comments: