Thursday, October 22, 2009

GreenWorks Deal at Lowe's



I finally made it to Lowe's to pick up my Green Works laundry detergent.  I chose to purchase it there because they are running a promotion until October 31 for a free GW laundry stain remover WYB the laundry soap. 

I wasn't sure that Lowe's took manufacturer's coupons, so I checked with the manager at the BA Lowe's.  Kelli verified that they just started taking MQs, but the cashier said they didn't take manufacturer's coupons, so if you have a problem, be sure to have them call a manager.  They do take them, so stand your ground!

The MQ can be found here, and there is a money back guarantee if you are not completely satisfied.  The price is $14.98 for 90 oz. which is 60 loads.  The $3 coupon brings the price to about $0.20 cents per load, and if you choose to take advantage of the money back promotion, then the final cost is free!




Edited to add:  I do feel comfortable using the money back guarantee in this particular case. Here's why: Figuring the cost per ounce of this detergent, versus comparable soaps, this detergent is overpriced. That's the reason I listed on the form. They stated in the promotion that it could be refunded for any reason, not just cleaning. They even asked on the form if it was for cleaning reasons, or for some other reason. The whole idea of the MBG is to get customer feedback, so it's a win~win. That's my definition of a good deal (stolen from Dave Ramsey) ~ if we both win.

No comments: