Saturday, April 11, 2009

No more dishpan hands!

We were blessed this week to be able to purchase a new KitchenAid Stainless dishwasher! We had been saving for a while, and found this beauty on clearance. It was a total God thing, as my target price, including installation, was $500. You can see from the tag, this little jewel retails for $948 at this Lowe's, but the one on the other side of town had them on clearance!

We were browsing after dinner out, which is itself a rare treat, and found the clearance appliance for $560 including installation! Can you believe it???? We were in the right place at the right time, walking out God's good plans! It should be delivered either Tuesday or Friday, so I'll post again with the "after" pictures.

Now for a manicure to recsue these dishpan hands!

I visited the garden section at the same Lowe's, and really liked the pavillion they had displayed. The curtains are such a nice touch, and they have screens to keep the bugs out.


I really like the softness of the curtains, and we have a west facing porch, so we might sit out there more often if we can block some of the hot Oklahoma sun.

I might purchase a palm or two this year for the porch, but I'll have to find a really great deal.

The door of our little garden shed it still unpainted, but I think I'll use this red Rust-oleum, once we get the trim boards cut and attached to make it look like a dutch door.
I'm excited to finally be working on some of the projects that we've been saving for. It's gratifying to see things come together, and when you have the money, you can bargain and get great deals. That's what makes this fun.




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

we replaced our broken dishwasher a few years ago with a Kitchenaid dw. It works great and gets the dishes very clean.

hope you enjoy yours as much we like ours.

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your new dishwasher. It's beautiful (as much as dishwashers can be!) I was looking at the same pavillion at Lowes this week. Let me know if you do come across a deal for it. I was thinking when they clearance them out, maybe.
Tarry