Friday, March 6, 2009

Making Treasures

I've been so inspired by The Pleasures of Homemaking that I'm attempting to incorporate toile here and there throughout my house and my life. I took the time to make my DD22 a copy of her favorite recipes from my heirloom cookbook for a birthday gift this week.

I used a black binder, sheet protectors for the dividers and scrapbook paper to cover the outside and the dividers as shown above. I also made her a card using white cardstock, the same toile paper from her cookbook and some ribbon from an estate sale. The card can be incorporated into the cookbook with scrapbook stickers so she will always remember the year she received the cookbook.



I purchased this silver frame at Goodwill for $2.00 and used some of the same toile paper to add a touch of the black and white to my kitchen, using the "Beauty of the House is Order" vintage quote. I hung a black and white checked valance in place of my winter green curtains. I also spray painted an oak frame and printed this darling silhouette. Then I cut it, and matted it with the toile. I love the way this grouping turned out. When my daughter was over for her birthday dinner, she commented on liking the print. I was glad I had chosen to include one in her cookbook.



I'm praying I inspire both my daughters to be more domestic. It's so difficult to keep a marriage together when the mother does not keep or care for the home and children. I love my family. I love my children. I love my life.

Inspired by The Pleasures of Homemaking: free

"Inspire" sign found at Goodwill: $2


Inspiring my daughters to be keepers at home: priceless

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love, Love, Love it!

I love it all! I love toile! I love being a mommy and a homeschooler and a wife and a daughter of the King!


Love it!

Mrspsycho said...

Loved it Tammy! These kind of gifts are the kind to treasure. You put something together you can't buy.

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT! You did a fabulous job and I'm sure she'll enjoy it. I have that quote only it's printed on some vintage rose wallpaper. I love it in the frame with the toile!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

I did love it! Tho I think you did it just so I would quit calling and asking for the same recipe or technique over and over. ;-)

BTW...Its amazing Carman can cook with headphones in. I tried once...that was the inedible cheese rice, Fall '08.

love, bb