Wednesday, March 4, 2009


Baseball and life
My Pastor said something great on Sunday. Teaching about faithfulness, he said, "In the ballgame of life, singles will win the game just like a homerun."

It's the truth.

That's why Dave's Baby Steps work. It's one step at a time, heading in the right direction. The Emergency Fund, Baby Step One, keeps us from getting off track, like Manuela teaches here.

Doing little things consistently can add up to one big thing, like scraping your checking account to fund your Roth IRAs as Meredith teaches. I guess that's why the saying "a small leak can sink a great ship" is true.

Another truth, "watch your pennies and your dollars will add up", is proving true in my little personal stash. I'm purposing to save money every payday, even if it's only $5. Since I only get my grocery money and income from selling on Craigslist, I've decided to be happy with whatever I can set aside. Since the beginning of the year, I've saved $275, which isn't a fortune, but it's a baby step in the right direction.

No comments: