Thursday, February 12, 2009

Shopping the clearance!

I've had success lately catching the produce manager clearancing items at my local grocer. Although their prices are ridiculously high regularly, I've been able to figure out when they mark down and try to shop during those times.

Today at CountryMart, I picked up 8 pounds of potatoes, which will become soup for the cold weekend that is forecast. I also found 2 pounds of bagged tomatoes for bruchetta, plus organic baby romaine, Dole bagged salad and strawberries, all for .99 cents a package. I need to find more Dole coupons, because I can ususally get free salad every week that way!

At Reasors, they had the Steamfresh Meals for Two on sale for $5.44. I used the $2 off coupons from a few weeks back to purchase one bag. I also had a coupon for a free bag of Steamfresh veggies or rice with the purchase of the Meals for Two. In all, I spent $3.44 plus tax for both bags. For a convenience meal, I guess that's a pretty good price, and the meal will be loaded with veggies, so pretty healthy as well.




1 comment:

Kristi said...

I've never caught mark downs at my Country Mart, I may have to go in there everyday for a week and see what I can find. Good buys!