Wednesday, November 5, 2008


A new song...

Be lifted high, Lord, above the earth.
Be lifted high, high, above all the heavens.
Lord, be lifted high!

"Do we believe that God 'hath quickened us together with Christ and hath raised us up together, and hath made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus' (Ephesians 2:5-6)? If we do, our reaction to it will be a fervent,

'Lord,

I accept Thy gracious word (for myself and for this nation). I believe that Thou hast thus wrought for me (and for my nation). In humble faith I do now take my seat in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus at Thy right hand. Teach me (and this nation) how to fulfill this sacred ministry, how to exercise the authority which Thou hast entrusted to me. Train me day by day that I may attain to the full stature of the perfect man in Christ, so that in me (and in this nation) Thy purpose of the ages may be fulfilled.
Amen.'"

Taken from The Authority of the Believer, by John A MacMillan, WingSpread Publishers, 2007, p. 27. (My adaptations are in yellow.)

These are the prayers of my heart this morning, after the election of Barack Obama.
The ballot has been cast, and, as the Word says, God puts one king down and raises up another. I must trust in the plan of God for this nation, and that His greater purpose will be fulfilled in us, regardless of who sits in the White House.

No government in this earth is higher or stronger than the Government of God. He is above all kingdoms, above all thrones, above all power, might and authority in the earth, and we, the Body of Christ, are seated with Him.

No comments: