Friday, November 14, 2008

I'm learning!

There've been some challenging things in my life lately. Coordinating a function for about 40 women is way out of my comfort zone, but I'm doing it! It's come together, slowly but surely, and our Sneak Away Saturday will happen tomorrow, hopefully without too many hitches. I won't be quite so busy after this is over, and will get back to posting more often.

I'm also learning why that old saying, "Don't judge a book by it's cover," is still applicable today!

We had an interesting discussion on the way home from our regular homeschool meeting on Tuesday, about piercings, tatoos, and that whole "look". I've felt uncomfortable with some of my acquaintances who have these, and wasn't sure why.

One mom made the comment that she goes out of her way to speak to people who choose these avenues as ways of expressing their "individuality", and some of the things she said made alot of sense to me. She believes this is a person's way of drawing a little attention to themselves, not in a negative way, but just as a way of expression. She said when she sees a person with tats or piercings, she makes a point to speak with them, to acknowledge them, and if the opportunity is there, to witness to them. She said most are receptive.

She doesn't judge a book by it's cover, so to speak. She reads their hearts, as much as she is able in that brief encounter, and sows seed where she can. I like that!

Lord, change me, and help me to see beyond the surface, to the heart of the person, to the heart of the matter. Help me be quick to listen, slow to speak, slow to wrath, according to you Word. When I have a knee-jerk reaction, help me to be humble enough to admit that I am wrong, and to examine my heart for areas where you are not Lord, where fear is ruling. Help me to submit those to you, that you can cleanse me from all unrighteousness. I want to live my life so that it will glorify You. In the Name of Jesus! Amen!

No comments: