Friday, October 3, 2008

From the mouths of babes...

Recently, Subway Restaurants held a contest which specifically excluded home educated students. My daughter's response was, "I guess we use too many big words for them!" (Just ask me if she's requested a Subway sandwich since their faux pas.)

So, it's made me think. Why would a retailer alienate millions of customers or potential customers over $5000 worth of sports or playground equipment, or is this a social(ist) statement on our right to parent as we choose? I wonder...

I'm not willing to be a fish that floats downstream. I don't want to spend my life doing something in which I do not believe. Knowledge and principles will cause me to rule some things of of my life.

So, do I suggest Subway when we have fast-food dollars to spend? What do you think?

No comments: